Lodge Kil Bryd No. 1667 Celebrates 50th Anniversary
The Brethren of Lodge Kil Bryd celebrated their 50th Anniversary on Saturday 3rd September with a Rededication and Consecration ceremony conducted by the Provincial Grand Lodge of Renfrewshire East.
Douglas Hall in East Kilbride was packed with Brethren from within and outwith the Province when the large Provincial Deputation headed by RWPGM Bro. Ronald E. Fraser entered and was welcomed by RWM Bro. Steven Hamilton.
DPGM Bro. Chris Kerr outlined the history of Lodge Kil Bryd from its early meetings in the Masonic Hall in East Kilbride’s Kittoch Street to its present home in Douglas Hall of which it is part owner through the East Kilbride Masonic Trust.
The Ceremonial of Rededication was then conducted by PGM Bro. Ronald E. Fraser ably assisted by SPGMs Bro. Gavin Burt, Bro. Brian Shields and Bro. Scott Bogle and PG Chaplain, Bro. George Paul.
Following the Obligation by the RWM and Wardens the Master’s new regalia was consecrated and he was invested with it by the PGM. The service given by Lodge members in the past and present was acknowledged and the service of Members in the future was called upon.